Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Sunday, January 13, 2013

January 7/13

Today was the first day back to the first full week of work after the holidays, and when I checked my work email this morning, I was shocked to see I had been sent all of three emails in my absence.  10 days, and only three emails (one was even a mass corporate email!)?  I've been gone for three house in an afternoon and come back to 10 emails.  If anything, my recent decision regarding my career was reaffirmed.

But you don't want to hear about my sad Monday back-to-work blues.

So instead, how about my shock to find that the beloved animated film Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest is available on DVD for a mere $5.  It gave me a sad.  Sure, I need it in my collection, but it was an awful moment of being confronted by our throwaway consumer culture, and the irony was not lost on me that a movie about saving the environment and reducing our footprint on the planet was consigned to the mass produced bargain bin.

A simpler life...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment