Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Monday, January 21, 2013

January 21/13

Can anyone tell me why I was so very, very, very tense while the Detroit-Columbus game was on? 

It's only the second game of the very short season, but I have to admit after watching Detroit's disastrous season-opener in St. Louis, I couldn't help but worry for the Red Wings this season.  I guess I was watching tonight's game to see what colour smoke would come out--if Detroit couldn't pull it together in game two, I knew it would be a very tight season.

Detroit played fairly well tonight actually, though not without some pretty big hiccups.  Damien Brunner, the exciting young player that he is, well, his timing was all off.  He was holding the puck when he should have been one-timing it, and vice versa.  Carlo Colaiacovo took a hell of a hit and now is on the Injury reserve list with an injured shoulder.  The D made some pretty wreckless decisions that led to a goal being scored against them.  And for the life of me, the damn Red Wings could NOT stay out of the damn penalty box!  The special teams played so much, I hardly saw Jordin Tootoo on the ice all night!

The game ended in a tie, and overtime didn't resolve the matter, so it was a shootout, and wouldn't you know it...my best shooter, my top guy, Todd Bertuzzi?  Not in the game.  Dammit! 

The way I was tensed up, you'd have thought it was game 7 of the playoffs instead of the second game.

This does not bode well for my season.

Detroit wins...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment