Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Saturday, January 5, 2013

January 5/13

This morning, Gail was out early to meet her clients, and I headed out to pick up my car share car to go get cat food.  Such a chilly morning!  It was bright and sunny, and the large snow banks, augmented with frequent street plowing, gleamed in the light of day.  As it was relatively early (nearly 10 am--trust me, that's early in our house on a Saturday), there were few people out, and who can blame them.

As I trudged through a quad behind city hall, I came across about 12 wood picnic table/benches, all completely covered with more than a foot of perfect, undisturbed snow, save one.  One table had visitors, though not recently, as there were signs that two people sat on the table top, but there was a fresh layer of snow.  It was one of those moments when I wanted to take a picture, however I wasn't in any rush to stop and take my mitts off so I could snap the scene with my iPhone, so I carried on with my trudging.  It seemed so wrong to be trudging on a sunny day, but the snow was quite powdery, so it made for a slower, sloppier gate than normal.

So a photogenic moment wasted by the chill of the day.

A photographer...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment