Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 20/13

Do you like Dylan Moran?  I do!  He's biting and witty, and slightly mad, and that's all very good news.

Back in 2009 when I was in Ottawa for my FSWEP term, Etienne introduced me to this British series called Black Books.  I don't want to give too much of the plot away, but it involves three mad people and a bookshop.  The humour is loud, racous, bombastic, adult and lacking in pretension.  He had the DVD box set, but foolishly loaned it to a friend about a year ago, and it languished in the friend's house(s) until last night, when Etienne was at the friend's place to watch hockey, and I reminded him to grab the DVDs while he was there.  I've missed the series and several times have wanted to watch it.

A bitterly cold, lazy Sunday in January is the perfect time for curling up and watching the madness unfurl!

Black Books...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment