Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January 29/13

When it comes to TV in our house, I have sort of a rule: no cable in the bedroom.  Growing up, my parents spoiled me with a TV and cable in my room.  They had one too, so at any given time, three TVs could be on in our house.  When I got out on my own, the TV in the bedroom stopped; I won't lie...it's mostly because I only had one TV.  When Etienne and I moved in together, we found ourselves with a glut of TVs...we had two.  It was inevitable that a TV would end up in the bedroom, but we decided against cable in there too.

It mostly works out okay, except for nights like tonight.

I only really insist on being able to catch New Girl as it airs on Tuesday nights, otherwise, I don't make a big deal of choosing the TV viewing in the house.  I think Etienne rewards me for not being bossy about the TV by acquiescing to my New Girl request, even if that interferes with something as important as a Habs game.   Tonight, he wandered off to the office and watched the game live on NHL centre ice from his computer, leaving me the TV.  I've tried on several occasions to find a place online that streams the show as the airs, but the clampdown on sights like justin.tv limits my options greatly.

It's only nights like this that I feel bad enough to ponder adding cable to the bedroom TV.

Temporary cable...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment