Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Saturday, September 8, 2012

September 8/12

Okay, I admit, I took the day off from life today.

I got up this morning and got ready to run, but by the time I got dressed and ready to limber up, the skies opened up and the inches of water that poured down were on par with what you might see during the wet season in southern Asia.  Needless to say, I didn't go for a run.  Instead, I went to the basement of the building and did something that might have looked utterly insane if anyone had seen it: I did lap after lap of speed walking up and down the narrow "hallway" that runs from the front of the building to the back for about 25 minutes.  Just back and forth...front wall-touch-turn-back wall-touch turn, repeat.  I suppose this counts as being active?

After that, I halfheartedly struggled through an abs routine, and from there, my day sort of melted into a series of podcasts and boredom.  I couldn't even be bothered to think.  Not a single creative or original thought crossed my lazy mind today.

It's like the intense line of thunderstorms outside was the perfect excuse to revert to being a useless blob.

Let's hope I get back on track tomorrow!

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment