Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Friday, September 28, 2012

September 28/12

When you are sick, you look for any small comfort to cheer you up and distract you from the snotfest clouding your head (and maybe your judgment).

I was okay this morning, but by this afternoon, I was a bit feverish and sapped of all energy.  I had a sour belly, and I just wanted to go home and sleep.  Etienne went out after work, so I took the opportunity to spend some time with Rogers on Demand.  I watched "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" first.  It was charming and cute, in a sappy way.  After that, I decided to catch up on The Daily Show with John Stewart.

And there it is...that small comfort.  I saw the John Oliver on Strike segment, which made me adore Patrick Stewart all the more.  I got to see Jon's monologue targeting the ridiculous Wile E. Coyote display Binyamin Netanyahu put on at the United Nations.  And I got to see Jon tell the story of two Canadian audience members in line for the show taping: the guy proposed to his girlfriend of eight years in line, and her priceless response was, "Fuck yes I'll marry you!"  Absolutely priceless!  For that brief hour of catching up, I forgot I was sick, and I just enjoyed my favourite kind of humour: satire.

Jon Stewart...(sniffle, sniffle)

...Wish you were here (sneeze).

No comments:

Post a Comment