Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

September 4/12

Does everyone else remember being 9 years old?  How simple and enjoyable it could be?

This morning, my former manager had her 9-year-old son in at work, thanks to the elementary schools in Quebec being closed for the election.  At one point, she brought him to my cubicle, which she has often described as a play room or romper room.  It's true, I have toys, and stuffed animals, and wicked-cool posters, and funny books, and novelties, and stuff that might appeal to a 9 year old.

The first thing he went for was my Staples Easy Button™, but it turned out that the batteries were dead (in fact, they had burst, and I was left cleaning up the mess of dried battery acid juice).  Bummer, but still, a 9 year old moves on quickly...and he did.

Right to my lint roller.  I'm not kidding.  He saw it, and excited announced "Schticky!" In fact, it's not a schticky, it's just a plain old 3M lint roller, but it didn't matter, he went right for it and played with it while his mother and I chatted. 

The final thing that caught his eye was this:

Indeed, he loved the cute dinosaur, and the idea that 'Rawr' could mean 'I love you.'

It just reminds you how much fun life can be when viewed through the eyes of an enthusiastic young boy.

Wish you were here.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks to this post, I learned what a "Schticky" is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also learned just how much I hate Google's captchas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Me too. Google's takeover of Blogger hasn't been all good

    ReplyDelete