Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Monday, September 10, 2012

September 10/12

You'd better be acquainted with the Flight of the Conchords.  Today's moment of happy is a FOTC moment: Hurt Feelings (Tears of a Rapper)

I always save a special giggle for the forgotten birfday bit because one year I waited for a call from my parents, and it didn't come, so I called them, and my poor mummy...she asked why I was calling, and I had to remind her.  That birfday was a particularly sucky one because it was about 13 months after the loss of my Gramma (she and I shared a birfday), my hair appointment went awry with a hair dresser covering an unskilled trim with too much hairspray, and the weather made everyone cancel on coming out for dinner and drinks.  I had hurt feelings, to say the least.

Oh, for the silly days of youth!

...Wish you were here.

2 comments:

  1. Those guys make me want to go back to Kiwi-land just to be around those accents full-time again... so funny.

    Alternately, you can do what I do and escape for the birthday, ignore everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, since then I've shut down the birfdays. I don't tell people when it is (if you know, no tellsies!), and I never work or go to school that day.

    ReplyDelete