Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Saturday, November 30, 2013

November 30/13

After yesterday's bleak preponderance of the human condition, it's only fair (if not a bit disassociative) to follow up with something to smile about.

This morning, I did a bad.  I'm broke, but I went ahead and ordered two records and a book online for my birfday (no, it's not my birfday today).  I hesitated, but it's the Black Friday weekend sale at this particular site, and these are records that I cannot get locally, or even in Canada (as my online hunt bore out), and I wouldn't want to miss these records.

So I went ahead, and looked away as I clicked okay, but then I looked back.  There, on the screen was the Josh Ritter Merchandise website's message letting me know it was processing the payment.  'So what?' you'd think, right?

Here's what...instead of the typical "Please wait while we process the payment" message you'd expect, I got this:

"OMG so excited!"

I was instantly charmed!  But wait, there's more!

The payment went through, and instead of the normal notification, I got this:

"OMG it worked!  Yay!"

This sealed the deal.  Whatever remorse I had for buying something I couldn't afford (on this pay period, anyway) was gone.  It's too charming not to smile about!

I decided the only thing I could do was share it with the world, so...


To which I got this...

Well played, sirs, well played!

You should try it (because Josh Ritter is awesome anyway)...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment