Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Thursday, November 28, 2013

November 28/13

Happy Turkey Day to our American friends.  Otherwise, happy Thursday to everyone else.

It's been a tough night here.  We finally sat down to catch up on some TV shows we missed last week, and it includes the sad Family Guy episode where Brian dies.

There are just some things that are too soon or too close to home, and when I see it mimicked on TV shows, it makes me sob.  The episode where Marshall finds out his father has died is an example.  The earlier seasons are in syndication on some channels, so for time to time that episode comes on.  It's too close to home for me, remembering Rod getting that call.  I never not sob.

Well, now I can add the episode of Brian's death to my list.  I knew Brian died (and I don't like it one bit...he was a favourite character, and now it just seems that Stewie will be without a foil), but it turns out the scene with the vet just guts me.  Reminds me to Max's last moments, and I broke right down and sobbed while Etienne held me.

Art imitates life...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment