Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

November 27/13

Social media can be such a pain in the ass, and due my neurotic relationship with it, it's not always my friend.  I frequently self-censor because there might be jerks from you-know-where monitoring what I put out there, and it irritates me to no end to think of the reasons why I do it (the people from you-know-where know exactly why).  Yet, I have to also praise social media because there have been times of stress, irritation, anger, boredom, ennui and outright apathy where a well-timed post on the two social media sites I primarily haunt will save the day by lifting my mood, be it ever so slightly or enough to perk me right up.

Not that I was in any particularly bad mood today, but some precious gems of laughter and joy landed in my Twitter feed today, and I can't not share them.

THis first one, well, you'd have to know me well enough, or it won't make sense why I loved it so much:

Do you see it yet?  Hint: I am over the moon about Winnie the Pooh and I think I've managed to establish how much I enjoy Star Wars.

This next one, well, this one had to be shared because it touched my heart and reminded me its good to be a people sometimes.

Members of my beloved Detroit Red Wings visited the Detroit Children's Medical Centre today, and here are two of the sick kids, including one overwhelmed young lady, sharing a moment with Henrik Zetterberg and Coach Mike Babcock.  The girl's tears as Henrik has his arm around her are both poignant and heartwarming, and hopefully it reminds us all that doing a nice thing for someone can be its own reward.

Click on...

...Wish you were here

No comments:

Post a Comment