Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Friday, November 29, 2013

November 29/13

I just don't see how it's possible that one could be all family and holiday spirit one minute, then line up for 12 hours and beat to a pulp someone who wants the same cheap DVD player as you.

That's right, folks, it's Black Friday in the US, the day after everyone was being all thankful and shit, and following it up with displays of just...gross human indecency.  I know a majority of people aren't like that, but the media has certainly caught on enough to really poison the well, so to speak.  And we aren't immune to it here in Canada, as our retailers have started to import the event.  I saw a picture on Twitter today of Metropolis at Metrotown this morning?  I recognize those hallways...one leading to Chapters and Club Monaco, the other to the McDonald's?  Yeah, at 9 am, I'd estimate there were about 500 people there.

And every year, the media outdoes itself with even more stories of violence.  So depressing.

And this coming from a shopper.  Really, there is nothing I would want to buy that I would ever consider punching someone over, or worse.  I just really want to know *why* someone would? 

The tangles of human complexity...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment