Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Sunday, November 3, 2013

November 3/13

Daylight Savings Time ended at the ungawdly hour of 2 am this morning.

You know how I know this?  Because my Twitter and Facebook-light feeds are awash with friends and family members complaining about their young kids or family pets waking up insanely early for a Sunday morning, not giving any consideration or thought to their poor parents or human companions.  There were no end to the complaints that included gentle threats of retaliation in 15 years.

And as one of those people who

a) suffers seasonal affective depression; and
b) never adjusts well to the time changes,

I have to say that I understand the confusion for kids and pets.  Why do we do this stupid thing again?  Because anything that throws off my circadian rhythms even just a bit does me no good, and society certainly doesn't benefit from my confusion.

I don't know that I will ever forgive the world for DST.

Going back to bed...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment