Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Friday, November 1, 2013

November 1/13

First of all, yay me for surviving another October.

Second, it is November 1st.  Inevitably, that means that people I know are going to embark on the crazy adventure of writing a book in 30 days.  There's this little thing called the National Novel Writing Month on the internet, though it is more popularly known as NaNoWriMo. The idea is that you sign up, set a target of writing a 50,000 word novel in a month, and you get to track your progress and get encouragement and the like from fellow writers.  It's been going on since 1999, and according to the website, over 100 of these books have been published by the traditional publishing houses, while hundreds more have been put out by smaller publishers or self-published.  And actually, if you look at the list of titles published by the large firms, there are some fairly well-promoted titles in there--ones I've seen in my local Big Box Book Store.

I can't believe it's that time already.  Last year, my social media sites were abuzz with updates from friends and family members taking part, but this year, I haven't heard a peep out of anyone that they are taking part.  I don't know if they are, but they are choosing to operate on the stealth, or if the stars are not properly aligned this year, or if maybe the insanity of the venture was just something they had to do once and now they are done.

If, by some chance, you are known to me and you are embarking on NaNoWriMo this year, I bid you good luck...now get to work, you're losing time reading this.

Creativity on the clock...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment