Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Monday, April 1, 2013

April 1/13

If your city or town doesn't have a terra20, I highly suggest you get one!

What is terra20?  Well, it's an eco-department store!  As per their manifesto, terra20’s one purpose is to encourage a healthier, sustainable lifestyle.  They do it by seeking out innovative products ranging from natural, organic, gluten-free shampoos to eco-safe cleaners, to clothes, towels, dishes, sporting/leisure equipment...it's absolutely a functioning department store.

I noticed several months ago that there was this store out by Ikea, but it wasn't until I was researching natural cosmetics that I learned what this place was--sort of.  I knew it was going to have boutique cosmetics and such, but I had no idea until we stepped into it today that this place was so awesome.  I think we were ready to buy out half the store before we left.

The only downside?  The one in "Ottawa" is all the bloody way out in the far reaches of Nepean, and to get there requires either a car or a great deal of patience to navigate the poor public transit option available to us (one that requires a long bus ride, and traversing a heavily-used motorway, complete with highway on and off ramps, and no pedestrian controls).

A terra20 downtown...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment