Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April 23/13

Etienne buys music at a fairly decent clip, and I'd fallen behind on ripping most of the CDs to my computer, but I tackled some tonight, and while I waited, I took the opportunity to go through some of the massive pile of files I need to listen to and make a decision about.  I'd say I have about 10 gigabytes of music files to work my way through, but I can't get through it fast enough since the IT restrictions at work tightened up quite severely.

I found a folder containing the best of Sam Cooke that I hadn't finished with, and it was a brilliant choice.  The thing about Sam Cooke is that his music might sound sort of light and gay, but it's got some weight to it, so that you genuinely feel happy to hear it.

In a weary, fast-paced, angry world, it does the mind and heart some good to slow down and just enjoy something simple and joyful.

Sam Cooke...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment