Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 2/13

When the mind pivots between two very different thoughts, there is that rare occasion that something comes out of it.  Like an outline.

Once more, I sat at my desk, beating myself up for my career choice, feeling depressed at the thought of a lifetime in Ottawa.  This time, it was a little different, because for the first time in months, I decided to pick up a pen and try to write out this feeling; I haven't had the spark to write in recent months, due to the worst bout of depression I've experienced in years.  And because I was rusty, I was expecting to write garbage.  It seemed to be happening, when clear out of the blue, my mind pivoted to Amanda.

Yes, that Amanda.

Though her life was cut short by the fucking scourge of cancer, she did what she wanted to do.  That pivot led to inspiration, which, even as I type this entry, is leading to the most ambitious writing project I've undertaken since my Master's Capstone.

Such crazy pivots...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment