Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Saturday, April 27, 2013

April 27/13

Who knew Guns N' Roses could be great music to write to?

After sketching out the story I'm creating, there are of course questions that need to be answered in order to keep the story flowing, help with plot or character development, and maintain the integrity surrounding real places, people, and circumstances.  Today was about tackling some of those questions and finding a way to make this story happen.

While I worked, I put on some of the many gigabytes of music I need to sift through and keep or discard, and I got a bit lazy and just chose a random folder to go through so I wouldn't have to be flipping around.  That folder contained GNR's Use Your Illusion I, which you might not consider when you are looking for music to help stimulate the creative process.  I know I certainly wouldn't think of it first.  Typically when I am writing something (unless it's poetry), be it a briefing note or a school paper, the music that provides the most stimulates the brain and helps the writing flow smoother is Classical, electronic, or certain rock albums.  I would not consider Axl Rose's nasal caterwauling in any way soothing, but something about that music just had me thinking and writing up a storm.

Moments of unexpected delight...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment