Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April 10/13

Illness, Day...whatever: I have this awful feeling, like this virus has decided to set up the party in my chest.  The sore throat is gone, and my heart rate is fine (well within normal parameters each time I check), but my head and chest seem to be jam-packed with goo.  So my recuperation continues.

Today, it's movie day.  Under the Tuscan Sun and Starbuck.  And I went looking for new podcasts to follow.  I've found one, but there's a problem...

Stuff You Missed in History Class by HowStuffWorks.com should be something that appeals to me: I've always loved history and excelled in history classes, so it seems like a good fit.  I started to download the earliest episodes available from iTunes, all the way back to 2008.  So I started to play the first episode, and immediately regretted it.

The program is hosted by a woman whose voice and intonation just makes me want to shove scissors into my already-damaged eardrums.  As if that's not bad enough, she's got a normal, chill-sounding co-host, but their set-up schtick for leading into the topic of their segments sounds so fake, it makes me very irate.  I had to search the internet for sweet relief, and luckily, I found out this woman leaves the podcast and is replaced after several months, so I'll grudgingly hang on and suffer through until I get to the Candace-Free episodes.  I also found out she's not even a historian...she's an English major who writes about history.

Here's hoping it gets better...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment