Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8/13

There are advantages to being a client at a teaching clinic.  My clinic is great, they try to reserve afternoon appointments for urgent cases, and they always work to get you an appointment as soon as possible for the non-urgent stuff.  I've never waited more than three days for an appointment.

So this morning, after a terrible night's sleep, when I woke up and had no voice, and a raging sore throat, and sore ears (yes, both), I took total comfort in knowing I'd probably get in today.  I had to have Etienne make the call for me, since I had no voice, and I dutifully typed up all my symptoms in my phone so that I could hand it over when asked about them.

As this is a teaching clinic, I know there's a pretty good chance I'll see a Resident.  And I did.  She was pleasant and professional, and she did the usual work up, but she was worried because my heart rate was a bit high.  She consulted with the Clinician, and he came in to assess me as well.  It didn't seem to be bacterial, as she listed off the symptoms I was experiencing versus the ones associated with a strep throat or similar ailment.  She asked about Mono, which I informed her I've already had, so that idea was out, though he was receptive to her thought of it (yay her!).  It seemed like it was just...you guessed it...another virus.  Yippee.  So I'll have to suffer through it, while I worry about this heart rate.  If it doesn't go down in a couple of days, they want me back for thyroid testing.

And I've been instructed to stay home on bed rest while I recover, until at least Wednesday.  Right, because post-Budget is always good time to be missing work.

Seriously, I need a new immune system...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment