Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Saturday, April 13, 2013

April 13/13

Hokay, so.  I have this goofy alarm clock: it's a 10-inch tall Lego statue of a Star Wars Stormtrooper.  It's arms and legs move, and it's got those half circle "hands" that are signature to Lego.  I also have a new lamp at my bedside.  It's a very simple black metal Ikea table lamp.

You're thinking, "Yeah, so what?"

So, while I was sick this last week, Etienne slept in the office, and I gave him the clock to use because it's portable, already set to the right time, and he doesn't have one of his own.  As it's the weekend, and I'm starting to feel better, it's safe for him to return to the bedroom.  Last night, I walked into the bedroom and saw the Stormtrooper standing there, grasping the lamp pole.  Etienne had turned my clock into a pole dancer.

Today, I came back into the bedroom and this time, the figure was performing a high-calibre pole dancing manoeuvre.

I love those moments when Etienne gets goofy...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment