Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Thursday, April 4, 2013

April 4/13

Ohhhhhhh snap!  Today's moment is filled with all kinds of blue humour, so if you like G- or PG-rated content, move along little one!

What do you get when you cross Dan Savage with the McElroy brothers?  Busted at work for laughing too hard!

Dan Savage is an advice guru, author, media pundit, journalist and newspaper editor.  He doles out relationship and sex advice in his column Savage Love and on his podcast (which I am an avid listener of), the Savage Lovecast, and in 2010, he and his husband Terry Miller began the It Gets Better Project to help prevent suicide among LGBT youth.  He's ferociously progressive on many issues, and his sharp tongue is both witty and lethal.

The McElroy Brothers are Justin, Travis, and Griffin, three goofball brothers who take a decidedly less, umm, serious tack to giving advice, with humourous results.  They run what they refer to as "an advicecast for the modern era" called My Brother, My Brother and Me which consists of them taking questions from people, but also raiding the depths of Yahoo! Answers.  They always warn that their advice is not to be followed, as it's not so much advice as it is these three goofs making jokes and merry mirth.  I'd say it's possible that 30% of their podcast is them laughing.

This week on their show, they brought in Dan Savage, and for about 25 minutes in a 1 hour + podcast, my advice podcast world collided with riotous results.  As I listened at work (hey, I need something to keep my active mind distracted while I work), I laughed so hard, I was busted by a couple of colleagues who wandered by.

For your listening pleasure...



More Dan/McElroy Brothers Crossovers...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment