Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Saturday, April 20, 2013

April 20/13

Unfortunately, I had a crying in public moment today.  I broke down a bit.  Thankfully, I was wearing my ubiquitous sunglasses, but I think anyone who would have looked at me would have guessed that I was upset.

I was out at the pet store to pick up food for Purrball, when I checked out the adoption centre.  I usually want to grab all the kitties and run anyway, but today, I was stopped dead in my tracks.  One of the cats up for adoption could have been a perfect copy of Max at age 5 or 6, minus Max's distinctive brown spot on his nose, a leftover mark from a poor decision to get into a fight with a big dog when he was 4. 

It was bound to happen, I suppose.  An all-white domestic shorthair, Max was hardly a unique-looking cat (minus that brown spot, of course), I've seen copies of him on TV and in movies, so I knew that I would see similar cats at some point.

We got Max from the NWTSPCA when he was a 10 week old kitten--a tiny little white ball of intensity.  So seeing this Max-copy back in an SPCA cage just broke my heart.

I really miss my baby boy.

Max...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment