Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October 31/12

Spook-a-rama lives!

My nephew, B2, is now old enough to be able to start attending this teen event in Yellowknife.  His younger brother, A., is still not old enough, so he's still doing the trick-or-treating thing. 

I can't believe this event still takes place, but this year is the 42nd year of this party!  It's an alcohol-free dance party for the teens of Yellowknife, with big prize giveaways and food out at the military hangar at the airport.  There are buses shipping the kids to and from town all night, and during my time, videos became part of the festivities.  It happens on Halloween, and it usually means the junior high and high schools are full of tired kids on November 1st.  My sister, K., went to these dances when we moved to Yellowknife in the mid-80s.  I went during the early and mid-90s.  Now her kids are starting to go in the early 2000s.

Continuity...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment