Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

October 30/12

Holy judgment batman!

I'm being a little harsh on myself at the moment because in the span of five minutes, I read that an acquaintance is off to volunteer in South America for three months in the near future, followed by hearing that tonight, someone questioned Etienne about whether he was reconsidering our relationship because I don't have any desire to have a baby.

It's one of those moments when you feel like you are a failure on two fronts...simultaneously.  I've always wanted to go off and do the volunteering thing in a developing country, but it didn't fit in the life I've led.  And I've never really felt that desire or urge to have a baby.  One is a failure of my own making because I didn't find a way to make it happen, the other a failure pushed on me by society.

#FML...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment