Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Saturday, October 20, 2012

October 12/12

After nearly two years of planning, it's finally the night before the wedding!

Etienne and I spent the afternoon in town, running final errands required for both the wedding and the end of our trip.  His suit was ready for pick up, and I needed to find a stylish, last-minute jewellery solution for my Medic-Alert medallion.  Once that was done, we took advantage of the last few precious hours available for indulging our Geneva tourist urges.  Etienne took me for a walk through the city's venerable Parc de Bastions, home to the tributes of the founders of the Reform movement, as well as prominent intellectuals, scholars, and citizens of Geneva, with the exception of Jean-Jacques Rousseau...he gets a whole island to himself at the confluence of Lake Geneva and the Rhone river.

We raced to the train station to catch the train to Versoix, afraid we'd be late for the wedding rehearsal, but we made it to the church on time (somewhere, someone is probably breaking out into the chorus of 'Get Me to the Church On Time' from My Fair Lady; I know this because I did it!).  We had a good time at the rehearsal, followed by a nice Italian dinner in Versoix before Etienne, his uncle and I caught the train to Geneva, then the tram to Onex to settle in for the night.  We have to get to bed somewhat early because the big day is tomorrow!

The night before...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment