Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29/12

Today was almost going to be a non-event, post-wise, until I was randomly asked a question on facebook by someone who doesn't normally reach out to me about finding something to be passionate about.  This person is struggling to find something, and asked a lot of people that question, specifically about any course we had taken that got us there.

It turns out that my passion is learning about societies, both in the sociological sense and the anthropological sense.  During my first year of my first attempt at an undergrad, I took an Anthro 101 course that just turned my world upside down and sparked me up.  I was hooked.  After a lot of twists and turns, I've parlayed that passion into a career of solving problems and issues that societies must deal with.

So, if you're reading this, Miss T., the easy answer is "Anthropology" but the right answer is that I had to take a lot of twists and turns, and I had to fall on my ass several times, get up, and keep going before I could trust myself to find my passion and turn it into my study and career.

School of Hard Knocks...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment