Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Sunday, October 28, 2012

October 27/12

When the Etienne is away, the Fancy will play...a lot of movies!

Tonight, Etienne was scheduled for a Boys Night In at Brent's, so I took advantage of the time apart to view all the big movies that Etienne won't see.

I trekked to the cinema to see Argo first.  That Ben Affleck kid...he's got some talent for storytelling.  Not so much for acting, but I think he's got something with the directing gig.  Why?  Because even though we all know how the story ends (being based on actual events), every person in that theatre was tense.  You can't help but become invested in how the story plays out.  That's a sign that you are able to craft a well-developed movie.

Next up, I went home and fired up the Rogers on Demand.  I'd never get Etienne to see Magic Mike, so that was next up on the list.  It's a crap story, and I did not care for Alex Pettyfer in the least, but like any red-blooded woman, I'd be stupid if I didn't cop to finding the eye candy delicious.

Etienne was still out, so I got in a triple feature; rounding out the night was The Avengers.  That's some good, clean, old-fashioned, loud-and-proud summer blockbuster!  It's not a time for thinking, it's a time for sitting back and just enjoying frivolous entertainment.  Probably the cutest moment of the whole film was the end-of-credit scene.  Man, that Thor can put it away!

Fun at the films...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment