Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Sunday, October 28, 2012

October 23/12

Cats are such delightful creatures!

There's a saying that goes a little something like this: Dogs have masters, cats have staff.  Cats treat you with such disdain and then they are all over you, wanting, nay *demanding* your love and affection.  In our house, there's a clear delineation in roles: the cats love and adore Etienne, and would follow him to the ends of the earth just to be near him; and I clean their litter box, feed them, clean up their cat messes, and get ignored and shunned.

But I draw the line at stealing from me!

We were watching TV and eating in front of the TV.  Engaged in conversation, I didn't notice until too late that Max was sticking his head into my water glass to take a drink.  I tried to grab it before he got his little tongue in there, but as a show of defiance, the little booger snorted in the water.

Round 1 to Max.

I got up and emptied the water, rinsed the glass so I wouldn't be sharing his little cat germs so up close and personal, refreshed my water, and returned to the couch.  A mere 35 minutes later, the little booger was back and making a beeline for my glass.  This time I swooped in and saved my glass before he could pull rank.

Round 2 to Fancy.

Cats...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment