Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October 3/12

I needed to get the clusterfuck of the first presidential debate out of my head--my impressions include Romney, you bully, Obama, you weak, and Jim Lehrer, YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD A KILL SWITCH TO CUT THE MIKES WHEN THEY WENT OVER AND/OR OVERRULED YOUR MODERATING--so it was fortuitous that, out of the corner of my eye, I caught a commercial advertising the fact that Dark Shadows is now on Rogers on Demand.  Excellent!

Etienne and I meant to see it when it came out in theatres, but as is often the case, we didn't.  So before the debate was even on, we decided to order the movie on ROD.  And what a good decision!  It was so campy, and well...vampy!  Michelle Pfeiffer was so good, at one point, I swear I was totally convinced she would have made a superb soap opera villain.

The story was a wee bit shambolic, but the scenes were purposely over-acted, in keeping with the soap opera acting techniques of the 1970s, which I found so entertaining.  It reminded me of watching The Young and The Restless as a young child in the early 80s.

And Johnny Depp.  What can I say about Johnny Depp?  He's an amazing talent, and he's hot, of course!

Johnny Depp...

...Wish you were here ;)

(Love you, Etienne!)

No comments:

Post a Comment