Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Sunday, October 21, 2012

October 17/12

...and it's back to work.

Booooo!

Today, despite my flu, I got up and trudged off to the office. 

I don't enjoy going there these days; I've been "reorganized" into a new group with new responsibilities (in addition to my old ones), and it just so happens it's a coordination group.  I'd be lying if I said this change was good for me.  It's a group whose function irritated me when I was just a "client" and I don't feel I'm the "best fit" for this group.  To be honest, the only reason I'm there is because I am now the department's sole policy staff on my program, and in the reorganization, my program was moved to this group.  I don't believe it makes a lot of sense for this program to be moved to a coordination group with no experience in running a program, but certain strong feelings and behind-the-scenes activities are responsible for this change.

So I was not exactly walking into the office with the best of mindsets, and being sick means I might as well wear a sign saying I'm Typhoid Mary for all the looks I got as I tried to drain my face of the excess of mucus currently overstuffing my sinuses.  If I didn't want to be there, and people didn't want me to be there, why did I go?  Well, mostly because neither the illness nor my professionalism were bad enough not to.  I might be unhappy, but that's no excuse not to show up and do my best.

I just have to hope that something in my vast job search turns up soon.

Keeping the hope alive...

...Wish you were here.



No comments:

Post a Comment