Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Sunday, October 28, 2012

October 28/12

Jeff Kober, you are seriously awesome.

I'm watching season one of New Girl on dvd right now, and I'm up to the episode about the landlord.  If you haven't seen that episode, I don't want to spoil it for you, I just want to say that the situation that develops is something I never in my life thought was possible coming for Jeff Kober.  He gets typecast a lot, playing hardasses, psychopaths and seriously creepy guys (it's that voice...you would be terrified to hear that voice coming up behind you in a dark alley), but in this role, he most definitely plays against type in a way that is so hilariously cringe-worthy, I'm surprised he didn't get a special guest nod for the Emmy awards.

And kudos to the episode's director for probably the most twisted use of the song Send Me On My Way by Rusted Root.  I used to heavily associate that song with the movie Ice Age and its characters, but now...wow...I'll never be able to hear it without laughing and cringing!

New Girl...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment