Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1/12

Welcome to October!

Some pretty nifty things happen in October: my mummy's birfday, my Brother-in-Law's Birfday, Turkey Day (Thanksgiving), and best of all...Hallowe'en!  I'll admit, I love Hallowe'en.  I love to get all costumed-up and go out on the town.  When I was a kid, it was all about the candy, but as I got old enough to go to the city-wise teen dance party, Spook-o-rama, out at the Yellowknife airport, Hallowe'en became all about getting dressed up and dancing all night! 

Of course, 'Hallowe'en: the Teen Years' was never without its problems: teen dance parties have a way of becoming teen drama-drama-drama parties, depending on the company you keep, and I sure kept some interesting company.  As a young teen, I was ugly: bone-skinny, tall, awkward, with bad hair, acne, horse teeth, and ugly glasses, but I hung out with some of the prettiest girls my age.  The only thing I had going for me was that I was kinda funny, and a little bit different.  The boys only dated me a) because the girls they liked told them to/pressured them to; or b) to get to the girls they liked, who were my friends.  So naturally, Hallowe'en could end alright, or end with me fighting back tears of some kind of...it was really a 50/50 shot each year.

Don't worry, eventually I grew into the confident, rocking woman I am today, with a smoking hot bod and sophisticated style; I still love to get dressed up and party on Hallowe'en, but now I get to do it without the drama, though I seriously doubt that I could make 14-year-old Fancy understand that it gets so much better.

Spook-o-rama...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment