Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Saturday, March 9, 2013

March 9/13

I was up and out fairly early this morning to pick up Max's medications.  I was pretty apprehensive about it--he's taken pills before, and it can go one of two ways: either he can be suckered by wrapping them in small pieces of ham, or he gets them force-fed and fights with everything in him.  The good news is he's taken his first doses with the ham.

And I've given him liquid meds before, but it came with a syringe and was over quickly...this is gooey, viscous stuff that has to be pipetted in, and the pipette is too small to give him the full dose at once, so we have to suffer through it even longer.  I predict this will be a messy process.

I've also having misgivings.  I know the vet said we can treat his illnesses, but I wonder if it's too late, or if we even should, given how upset he gets and how fragile he is.  We'll see if he responds to the treatment, and for now, I'll remain hopeful.

A speedy recovery for Max...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment