Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Monday, March 4, 2013

March 4/13

Progress update: I ate a cadbury creme egg :)

I had a doctor's appointment this morning, mainly to pursue further testing for asthma, which I began before moving to Ottawa, but couldn't complete due to scheduling.  While there, I spoke with my doctor about the pain and medication situation, and he assured me that I could continue to take the Tylenol with the prescribed medication.

In related news, the swelling has subsided substantially, to the point where I now have cheekbone definition again, and I only appear moderately swollen.  I may even attempt to go to work tomorrow, if I can get through the night, but there's the rub of it...I haven't yet been able to sleep through the night.  Generally, I've woken up any time between 3:30 am and 4:45 am, in pain and needing my next dose.  Then it takes some time to work, so I end up only getting back to sleep sometime around 5 am.  I'm generally okay while the medication is working, but then when it wears off, I'm not able to concentrate on much besides working out how much longer until the time comes when I can take the next dose.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  It's not very conducive to working.  Maybe another day to recover enough that the pain is manageable enough for me to navigate public transit and a day at the office. 

In the meantime, I'm working on making myself more useful again.  Today, I did a load of dishes,  and replaced the cat litter.  Tomorrow I may work myself up to a couple of loads of laundry.

Such is the life of a recovering patient.  But I'm so eager to see the end of this ordeal.

An end to this tired old story...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment