Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Friday, March 15, 2013

March 15/13

My missing brother has contacted my mother.  After probably 8 years of not knowing how to get a hold of him, and asking people if they've seen or spoken to him, he called my mother.  After a round of phone tag, she spoke with him, and found out that he's doing okay.  He's on his way to getting certified as a boilermaker, he's still working, and he's got a roof over his head, which is a relief.  One time, after a much shorter disappearance years ago, he contacted me and told me about how he had a rough period, so I was worried that he would have had another bad period.

I've thought about this brother many times over the years, particularly at birthdays, holidays, and significant events.  When I got married, I couldn't invite him because we didn't know where he was.  When I was applying for my security clearance, I provided the best information I could about his whereabouts, but it was very little, and I had to provide a note about the situation.  So many times I wondered if he cared what happened to us.

About a year ago, my ex-sister-in-law ran into the errant brother, and gave him my mother's cellphone number.  He found the piece of paper recently, and called.

Welcome back, big brother...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment