Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Friday, March 22, 2013

March 22/13

I'm genuinely annoyed about my job. 

Who doesn't love staying late on a Friday doing a task that really shouldn't be delegated down, but instead handled by the person whose job it is?  This girl.  Right here.  In fact, I hate it.

I was stuck.  I thought I had the big piece under control, and I was just waiting another half hour before I could get out.  Then the phone rang.  A fuck-up further up the line meant that a major piece of this garbage was due, and it wasn't done.  My colleague and I sat down and talked our way through it, but the damage was done...I left work at 6 pm.

I would actually be totally okay with it if the task was something important, that is a task my group and level is scheduled to do.  I've stayed late before, working in earnest on stuff that matters in the larger picture, and I've done it with minimal issue because it was my job to do it.  This stuff?  Not my job.

A cure for bullshit work...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment