Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Saturday, March 30, 2013

March 30/13

I made two observations today, and one truly bothers me:

1) If you take away peoples' ability to shop away, just for a day (almost everything was closed on Friday), they respond with an almost furious push to shop the next day.  The crowds today were large, the line-ups were long, and the carrier bags were limitless.

2) Those twits at Urban Outfitters and their ilk are trying to bring back scrunchies.

If you guessed that the first observation was the one that bothered me, you don't know me well.  If you guessed the second observation bothered me, you're right.  I physically recoiled.

The thing is, as I wandered around Urban Outfitters today, almost everything I saw was something I could have worn on an average day 20 years ago...when I was 14.  And didn't know better.  I look at much of it now, and I think "Oh gawd, so we all looked that goofy?"  Need a point of reference?  If you went to junior high or high school in the late 1980s and early 1990s, go get your yearbook.  Yeah, those pictures you cringe about now?  Today's young generation are also doing it.  On purpose.  I can't wait for them to be where I am now in 20 years.

What goes around, comes around?  Some things (like scrunchies) shouldn't come around.  Ever again.

A cure for scrunchies...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment