Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 10/13

I'm in a foul mood today, and I feel sorry for Etienne, who has to live with it, though I'm doing my best not to take it out on him.  Max is far less than keen to take his medications, and he's hiding now.  We have to bring food to him because he won't eat, and that draws Purrball's attention.  She's being quite badly-behaved today, and it's wearing on my nerves. 

My mouth hurts like a bitch still...I seriously don't know what to do about it anymore.  I've got to go back to work tomorrow, and I'm afraid of what will happen.  Will I be in pain all day?  Will I be able to sleep all night tonight?  I'm just so tired of being in pain.

And I've now gotten into exchanges on facebook that have upset people--in one case, my sister; in the other case, I was upset by someone else.  The second exchange really upset me because I was responding to some post about surrendering pets to shelters, and how painful and difficult it can be if a person can't keep their beloved pet.  Some friend of a friend replied in a brutally judgmental way that we wouldn't give up our kids if we couldn't make ends meet, which set me off at him.  It's an incredible callous thing to say, and demonstrates a real lack of empathy for people who have had to put their child(ren) up for adoption for very heartbreaking, personal reasons.  It really set me off, and I've been stewing ever since.

Seriously, what a crappy day.

A do-over...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment