Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 9/13

Sometimes, you just can't believe the absurdities of life.

On the bus ride home from work, I'm usually on my phone, checking the social media sites, and while I see a lot of mundane things and things that are easy to pass over, today, one post by my friend Chris caught my eye.  His post, a link to an article, was headlined by a comment: "So, I'm not allowed in Legoland because I don't have kids? But, but, I think their robotics stuff is awesome :( :("

What?  So naturally, I clicked in the link: Legoland dream dies for man, 63, over rule that adults must be accompanied by kids, which explained how a ridiculous policy by Legoland got in the way of the dreams of a poor, sick Lego enthusiast because he didn't bring a child.  His treatment by the staff at Vaughn Mills' Discovery Centre was heartbreaking, and quite frankly the response from the PR lady was a little patronizing and inconsiderate.  One adults-only night a month?  Get real.

What I don't get is why the fuck does this ridiculous rule about having a child even exist?  I don't buy that it's there to protect families and kids...protect them from what or who?  From the bitter, piteous presence of those of us who are childless, either by choice or by circumstance?  If you're going to argue that the rules are there to stop pedophiles and hebephiles, that's not going to cut it either, as most abusers are family members or friends of the family, so unless you're going to start conducting diagnostic phallometry testing on each male adult who enters the building, they sure aren't doing much in the way of protection for those families and kids.

If those psychos at Disney don't even implement this policy, I don't see why Legoland should.  If that kind of policy worked, I suspect visits to Disney parks, Universal Studios parks, zoos, aquariums, waterparks, and minigolf courses  would see a significant dent.

Get the fuck over yourself, Legoland...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment