Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1/13

Happy Canada Day!

Ouch...I said that too loud in my head.  A day long party the night before means only one thing the day after: Hang.  Over.  We're a couple of hurting turtles today.

We managed to get out for a couple of hours to preserve the tradition of Etienne's Ironic Canada Day t-shirt and for a stop at the pub for lunch, but after that, it was back to the safety of our home to recover.

It's the day off we need, even if it is one filled with headaches and rotgut.  We've both had very hectic, challenging weeks at work lately, which happens more frequently in the public service than most people think or believe.  For obvious reasons, I can't get into what is going on, but just know that it's keeping me on my toes this last week, and will likely do so in the coming week.

I need a nap.

Happy Canada Day...

...Wish you were here.


No comments:

Post a Comment