Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Thursday, July 25, 2013

July 25/13

Today we dropped off our application for a new apartment in the market.  It's a nice, upscale place with a gym, a rooftop patio and a nice little private courtyard.

I have mixed feelings about this.  While I'm happy to be moving to a newer building with better amenities, it is bittersweet because it means I'm still trapped in Ottawa for another year.  After we dropped off the application and documents, Etienne mentioned to me that he had had some questions about whether this means we're staying in Ottawa, and it just made my heart drop down into my stomach.

No, it doesn't mean that at all.

It's not like we're buying property.  A lease is relatively easy to break if need be, and its lack of permanence provides me enough comfort of mind to keep hoping that something works out and we'll leave Ottawa for a place better suited to us.  I know Etienne doesn't mind Ottawa, but he is also willing to move on with me if the right opportunities present themselves.

Those right opportunities...

...Wish you were here.

















No comments:

Post a Comment