Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Friday, July 12, 2013

July 12/13

Okay people, earlier in the evening, Brent's girlfriend asked me what my favourite moment of Bluesfest was so far, and I was quick to answer that seeing Belle and Sebastian was the highlight.  You just leave their shows smiling and feeling upbeat.

After tonight's show, I tweeted to her a correction.

Balkan Beat Box.

This group is so awesome, and their music has this way of making everyone move.  Even Etienne.  Normally he doesn't move around a lot at a show, but even he was caught swaying his hips a little and jumping, because this music is so lively and infectious, you can't really stop yourself.  By the end of the show, I was dead tired and sore, but it was a fun experience, and I would see them again in concert in a stone cold second.

Of course what is my festival experience without a complaint about the crowd around me...or more specifically, the wine-drunk, annoying-ass, suburban, late-40's mom-whose-kids-have-flown-the-nest woman who managed to stumble her drunk ass in front of me (and I was quite close to the stage this time), and proceed to sway about, eyes closed, drunkenly "dancing" herself right back into me every 30 gawddamn seconds, and who didn't get the hint that I was there, constantly moving back to get away from her, as she just kept pitching backwards into me.  She was like a fucking magnet, I'd move, she'd find me and shove her low-hanging purse against my bare legs, leaving me with purse burn.  And she was wearing those soft foam rubber earplugs, so I have no idea how her drunk, plugged ears could even make any sense of the music.  I'm actually guessing that she didn't.  She just swayed and stepped like some zombie.

Still, the drunk nightmare aside, it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience that just narrowly beat out how much fun I had watching Belle and Sebastian.

If you\ve never heard of BBB, they are an American-Israeli ensemble that does this chill, gypsy punk, electro music with a heavily Eastern European/Middle East flavour.  Very talented.



More BBB in our music programming...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment