Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 16/13

Okay, if you are a regular reader or know me in person, you know that I don't suffer assholes lightly.  So when I hear stories like this, it just baffles me how this stupid shit like this still happens...

A group of Deaf patrons are suing Starbucks after they were mocked and almost removed from a store in New York.  I don't actually blame Starbucks for the incident, these were clearly the actions of some really fucking dumb "partners" who need to learn a thing or two about treating people with courtesy and dignity.

The incident in question is that a group of about a dozen deaf patrons gathered at this Starbucks for a monthly meeting.  First the "partners in question mocked the patrons for their speech impediments, and then as if that weren't enough humiliation, the staff tried to call the police to remove the party.  The police responded and actually took the time to reprimand the staff for their utter stupidity.

Seriously, how the fuck does this kind of things still happen anymore?  How fucking ignorant do you have to be to pull this kind of shit?  And worse still, what kind of a cruel and vindictive person do you have to be to even consider doing this?  Because I'm thinking that's the case here...someone is very afraid of what he or she doesn't understand, and will lash out because it's easier to hate than it is to take the time to understand.

Respect for human dignity...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment