Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15/13

I'm afraid I'm having a tough one today.  Between the heat, the stress at work, and the non-stop schedule over the last couple of weeks, I'm worn down and vulnerable.  So when Etienne put on Frankenweenie to watch, I had a sick feeling that I couldn't do it.  I know only the basic plot of a boy's dog dies and he brings it back to life, but I guess I'm still a little heartbroken from losing Max, so I'm afraid I just lost it when the dog dies. 

I quickly excused myself and took refuge in the air conditioned bedroom once more (I swear, I'm becoming a hermit in my little cave), and tried not to think about that horrible day when I said goodbye to my baby boy.

You might think me indulgent because I'm still mourning for a cat, but honestly, that cat has been my near constant companion for more than a decade, and he's been in my life for 16 years.  That's not something you just walk away from. 

Babyhead, I miss you so much...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment