Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 11/13

Well, I'm sorry to report that today, it's all about bad moods...matching His and Hers.

Things have been quite intense at work this week, and I thought that today there would be resolution on a file, but instead, I was treated to a snarky upbraiding by a colleague due to a miscue that I was not directly involved in.  I don't work with this colleague often, but generally when I do, it's a good working relationship.  Well, after today, it's going to take a lot of effort on my part to not throw this colleague's behaviour right back at said individual's face when seeking my input or cooperation.  I'm a professional, so I would never do anything to stonewall or hold up the work, as Canadians rely on the work I do, but as far as my courteousness in future dealings, that depends on my strength of will and this person's ability to perform a mea culpa for the way I was treated.

Meanwhile, the sports world was shocked by the news that Ilya Kovalchuk's announcement that he was retiring from the NHL to go play in the KHL.  This would not be anything but a footnote in our lives if not for the fact that Etienne had performed a major trade in his NHL fantasy keeper league to get Kovalchuk not long ago, and now he's genuinely fucked out of a shot at the money this year, so by the time he came to get me at the end of the day, he was in quite a state.

I'm afraid neither of us was in any state to help the other, so we did what we do best, we went to the record store and the pub and spent our way into a better mood.  Or tried to, at any rate, because I'm not feeling better because I'm not in a position to be buying anything.

Tomorrow...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment