Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 17/13

Sometimes I'm lucky enough to experience those moments when I'm reminded of cultural considerations that are not my own.  I'm generally aware of the dangers of being ethnocentric and do my best to keep an open, objective mind (Marilyn and Stacy would be pleased to know I was paying attention!), but sometimes I'm rewarded for my diligence with a reminder to really think outside of the norms.

Today, I learned that a brand of personal lubricant was recently certified as Kosher!  And to be honest, while I'm aware of Kosher and the general idea of its significance, but I honestly and truly never once gave any thought to the need for a personal lubricant to be Kosher.  I have a Jewish director, so I am more alert to Kosher foods and beverages, but lube?  Now that's a new one for me.  And I gather that...well, there would be a need for it, given that these are products that...well, can certainly...pass the lips.

So thanks world, for reminding me that I'm sometimes a little too deep into my own bubble.

More reminders like this...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment