Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May 8/13

Rest in Peace, Duchess.

Today news broke that Jeanne Cooper, known best as the inimitable Katherine Chancellor on The Young and the Restless, has passed away at the age of 83.

I've watched Y&R on and off since I was knee high to a grasshopper.  Gramma was a huge fan, and when the show was on, it was the only time she would insist on having the TV.  My sister watched as a teenager, and my mother joined in later as she settled into retirement.  Some of my earliest memories of TV are watching the great court battle over Phillip Chancellor IV between Jill and Katherine.  It's been years since I stopped watching, but from time to time, I'd think about Ms. Cooper and marvel at the longevity of her career.  Countless characters have come and gone, but she remained, the Duchess on the hill.

Time passes so quickly...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment