Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Thursday, May 16, 2013

May 16/13

Happy Anniversary to us!

Three years ago today, a boy left a keg party and walked for hours (with a knot in his shoe for some time of that walk) to get to the front door of a girl's apartment at 5 am (who was supposed to be at that party until circumstances intervened) to tell her in no uncertain terms that he wanted to pursue a relationship with her.

The boy's opening line?  "I have a knot in my shoe"

The girl's response?  (still half-asleep) "You have a knot in your shoe?  Do you want me to drive you home?"

Had I gone to that party, there's no guarantee the relationship would have started that night, and it likely wouldn't have started in as charming and memorable way.

To the knots in our shoes, and our lives...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment